January 29, 2013

What is your Signature?

what is your signature?

 1---2---3---4---5---6---7

Let's talk some fragrance.

I have always been a devotee of Carla Fracci, not so widely known but something that 
I resonated well with. You know, that "my scent". Except over the years the pruduction
 of the fragrance minimized, and it had
become more and more difficult to find the TRUE perfume, not the knock offs.

So , I have been on search for that "it" for quite a while. 

Being pregnant ( read : EXTRA fragrance sensitivity  ) puts a fun twist on it all. The moment I find  something I think I love, it takes the grand total of a 3-4 hours for me to 
start smelling those "after notes" that - unless absolutely PURE parfume -
send me into a "happy nausea land", and yet having no scent at all is 
also a no-go. I have since discovered a few versions and/or possibilities but none of them has REALLY felt like "mine" - you know what I mean? 

I think Chanel #19 may be my current favorite. And after many years of wondering why #5 was such a big deal, I gave it a try 2 years ago and understood the magic. It smells different on everyone, crazy as it may sound, it is true.  Both are beautiful scents, but I am 
craving something fresh and spring like at the moment. 

DO YOU HAVE A SIGNATURE SCENT? 
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FRAGRANCE? 
any suggestions?  

 

3 comments:

  1. I've worn Nina Ricci's Premier Jour for the last ten years and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i heard about it from someone else as well! i think i'm going to give it a try this weekend. i need something "to smell" that i love. urgently :)

      Delete
  2. I love Lollia Cabbage Rose and Peony I think it is and Inspire. I wasn't sure about the second initially but like no.5 it blends with your skins natural oils and has such a soft feminine scent. It too has been out of production but my sweet husband found a bottle searching around online 2 Christmases ago. I don't know what I'll do next. So rough... you look beautiful and so excited you're getting another BOY!! They're so stinkin sweet. hugs!!!! ~elsied

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover