July 19, 2009

If Just a little bit more thoughtful...



Moving makes one see people in a whole other light. Moving SALE adds a whole other dimension to it. You see people's true cores coming through. You see cheapskates, shopoholics, window shoppers, barganners and more. Sales like that always attract all sorts of crowd, all of them looking for a good deal. Yet, I was always astonished at an absolutely egocentric characters that think it is acceptable to stuff a bag full of nearly new things worth of $200 on CLEARANCE and then wanting to purchase it for less then $10. I am not sure if it is the lack of thought or overabundance of such, however , the end result is the same when I am the judge : NO. Why? Because I believe in helping those that need help. I have a hard time believing that a person that is wearing $170 True Religions, and strategically stuffing the bag with NEW shirts does not have $20 to pay for 10 of them, when only a single ONE costs over $20. Submitting to such person's desires would not be help, quite an opposite, actually, since that person , obviously , thinking about no one but self. And reasoning of a kind "well, if you sell it to me, you'll at least get $10, otherwise you get nothing." does not work with me and never will.  I would rather not sell the item at all. Why again? Because ...I believe in helping others. And no matter what the sale brings, a portion of it always goes to charity simply because I believe in good.  And so... whatever doesn't sell, will go to a donation as well. Crazy? If I could have some money , why give it away for free? Because donation is to THOSE that truly need it , that do not have the sources to buy it. They are the kind that come to the yard sale and buy ONE shirt , and don't ask to lower the price. I'd rather give it to them for FREE , to help in any way I can, and hopefully , brighten the life of that person a bit, rather then safe more money for those that already are looking at the world through the wrong glasses. Noone likes to find oneself in a difficult situation. If just a little bit more thoughtful, we cared for others more then for selves, the world would be such a wonderful place. 
 
Well, and then there is one "little" factor. People seem to not understand the purpose of the MOVING sale. It is not a "YARD" of a "GARAGE" one where people are getting rid of EXTRA stuff they DON"T need. MOVING sale often occurs because people CANNOT TAKE -for whatever reason - what they NEED. So SELL here and BUY replacement there, is the often motto for very long distance moving on a short time notice. So, HOW can one buy ANY chair at the destination, if the price offered for the amazing one at the selling point is not enough to cover even a BOLT of a regular chair? Food for thought and , hopefully, digestion. 

And on that note, I extend a very warm and special "thank you", for my extended family for not leaving my dearest husband and being so willing to help, and being oh-so-very-helpful. Thank you from our hearts. I know the move is hard on you and unexpectedly expected, and double thank you for support and love. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never quite thought of that before. Thanks for writing. Now. You said you'd be away (from Utah)for June but have you now moved to New York City? What is the story???

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover