September 23, 2009

Small reflections



As we live here longer, so many things appear so different. You know that feeling of waking up after a long, long, long sleep , and looking at everything around you , seeing the same things you've seen before, remembering them and then , with the heart full of happiness, going on with life again. That is what I feel. So many things that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, but that got pushed away because they didn't fit or for some other reason, are back from the forgotten drawer, and it feel fabulous. One must be self to be happy. There is no other way. Be self, please be self. Don't deny what is in your heart and soul that is YOU. There is much more to it, then just feeling good. I wrote that in the style blog, but that is one thing I noticed about French women, that always look SO BEAUTIFUL {Not kidding here. All for reals. Gorgeous}. And they are completely HONEST selves.

Being in real world also made me realize how young I am and makes me feel like one too. Such a contrary feeling comparing to being in UT, where I felt like I was way behind on having a large family, was too busy with work and career, and just not fitting the "right" frame. Don't get me wrong : i know plenty of people that are VERY happy with such life, and I personally thing that it is WONDERFUL. And that is exactly WHY it is crucial to ones happiness and HEALTH to be his/her honest self. Being among the people of the same age and seeing how busy they are with work/dating/life/fun and many haven't even started their FAMILY yet, just makes me laugh inside and makes me really feel happy, and actually AHEAD. I know that a large city is not for everyone, and know plenty of people that cannot stand it, but it is for me. And seems like my children too, since they are fascinated with it and keep reasking to make sure we are staying "for a lon-lon-lon time' { and the fact that they were willing to completely give up ALL the toys for the cause of moving to nyc says even more so}.
I love the business of the streets, I love the people , I love the multitude of cultures. I love being self again. I never knew now much I was missing until I had it back. Be self. Be happy. Smile.



3 comments:

  1. Olya you sound SO happy! That is fantastic. I can totally relate to how you feel about the family thing. And I can see how you would totally feel that way in UT where a lot of people get married younger than elsewhere. I didn't have Preston until 2 weeks before my 31st birthday and i have always felt old. Maybe I need to move to NY where I can see others my age who are still living up the career/single life! Hee hee. just kidding, but you get what I'm trying to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY! :) But it is REALLY funny that here people have huge and round eyes when they find out how old I am and that i have 3 kids, and all are planned, and I've been married for 7 years :) There ARE a lot of families, but then I see first time mom's around 30sh, and I talked to a woman , who was 44 and had 2 kids and was telling me how she wanted one more, but it was probably not going to happen, because of age ( she'd be 46 when she'd be wanting to try) ,and EVERYONE supports me SO MUCH in wanting to keep building career. It really is awesome. AND I totally look at my "fears" with so much laughter now. You know, UT is GREAT for many things, but I always felt behind and different... I love it for many, many reasons, but east coast is REALLY working for me. Oh, and justin and I were really laughing today thinking back to Justin's brother wedding, when all the family was saying " Gosh, he FINALLY is getting married. And especially, his WIFE. She's 25!!!" Gosh! LOLOLOL , she's REAAAAALLY old!!! LOL. Like - falling apart old! :):):)
    Anyway. :) BTW, you look GREAT. I think you should ditch the scale and read French Women to understand WHY :)
    XO , Olya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, we didn't think that Nicholas (or Lisa!) was too OLD, we just felt like FINALLY he was making an effort and dating, and getting married was just the fantastic conclusion. It's true though that out here it is more normal to get married in your early twenties than other places.

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover