June 13, 2012

Dinner: European Style.


We've been having dinner's "European style"  {where you don't get seated until 9pm earliest} quite a bit lately. The fact that it is light outside until 9:30pm or more, live evening concerts in the neighborhood shopping area and just the fun of warm summer nights may have something to do with it. 

That , combined with the fact of the fast , always causes me to brainstorm for tasty, healthy, quick, nourishing and nutritious recipes day in and day out. The other night I came up with something new that I absolutely loved. And judging by the fact how fast the food disappeared off the plates, I think it's safe to say that I was not the only one. You can easily adopt the recipe for fresh{raw} lifestyle.

Main course: 
1 bunch asparagus
1 onion
5 large garlic cloves
1 cup of corn 
1 cup of minced mushrooms
coconut oil
celtic sea salt
white truffle salt
dill

Side:
2 heirloom tomatoes
european cucumbers
romain hearts
garlic, dill , salt
balsamic vinegar
EV olive oil
honey vinegar

How-to:
Mince onion,  3 garlic cloves, mushrooms and dill . salt well and combine with melted coconut oil ( note: coconut oil melts at 70 degrees, so don't sweat to much, just stick the jar under warm running water. It will take 10 seconds) .  Crush 3 more garlic cloves, combine with salt and dill and press until uniformed mixture.  Cut of asparagus tips, combine with corn, add coconut oil ( melted) and mix with garlic/dill paste. { for raw version stop here}. 
Golden onions, garlic and mushrooms for about 5 minutes ( the aroma will let you know it's "there") , add asparagus mixture and sear for no longer then 5 minutes ( actually less - just until the color "pops") constantly mixing. The flavors combine and - viola - you have an amazing dinner in literally 10 minutes. Add a few drops of honey vinegar on the plate, and make sure you don't eat one.

Serve with a side of heirlooms, romane and cucumbers, garnished with white truffle salt, crushed garlic, dill and balsamic. Drizzle with olive oil if you like.

Vegetarian/vegan and raw friendly, that is fast and tastes amazing. 
 How cool is that? 

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER RECIPE?  

PS: Did I tell you about the collaboration I've worked on for style and fashion? you can see my newest pics ( and shop!) here, updated daily. I hope you like it! Let me know what you think!

13 comments:

  1. So yummy, and my summer food is the salad :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! But kids need something more sufficient for their little bodies and brains :)

      Delete
  2. This looks really healthy and delicious and you don't have to worry about it being too heavy even if you eat later.
    I think the key to summer cooking is not turning on the stove :) I love making guacamole salad and kim bap rolls

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I LOVE just fresh, cooling fruit and veggies! It's nature's time to "cook" :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yum! Whenever I think of eating healthier, I always think of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And whenever I think about making something delicious, I think about you!

      Delete
  4. Great photos and an interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Very happy to have you over!

      Delete
  5. YUM! I am going to make this when we return home from San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must do! I'm resisting trying to not making every day this week!

      Delete
  6. yum. this looks so fabulous. Thanks for sharing, love. I just posted pictures from my wedding reception on my blog. I'd love if you could take a second to check it out as well as my latest post for Lauren Conrad. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover